I'm talking a bit about Whole30 again. I know, I know...I'm done with it, my thirty days are up, I need to move on or something, right? Well, you're right. Kinda. And I honestly thought this was all just a one month thing and I'd just go back to my every day life after it, but my habits have change a bit. Specifically my breakfast routine. Pre-whole30, I ate oatmeal or granola nearly everyday. That's why I was a little nervous on how I'd do with breakfast during my month, but I started changing things up a bit and was surprised about how much I did not and do not miss my oaty/grainy breakfast options. I actually haven't had oatmeal since Christmas - which is unheard of for me!
I ate and still do eat a crap ton of eggs now, but I really did miss the sweet stuff when it came to breakfast. I mean, I've been having oatmeal for YEARS, so it was hard to kick that habit. This combo was perfect for that craving and it was a really good option for a pre-workout breakfast that had a good amount of carbs. I've gotten some skeptical looks when I've made it or shared this with folks, but I promise the combination is delicious. DE-licious.
Stuffed Sweet Potato
- 1 small sweet potato, about 4-5 ounces, cooked
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 cup of blueberries
- 1/2-1 tablespoon nut butter
- toast coconut
- Wash and cook a small sweet potato. Most times I'll make a few during my food prep, but on a morning when I don't have one ready, I wash one, pierce it with a knife a few times, and microwave it for 4 minutes or until done.
- Split the sweet potato down the middle and sprinkle it with a bit of salt. Spread your choice of nut butter down the middle of your potato. I love cashew or almond butter personally.
- Top with banana, blueberries, and toasted coconut and enjoy.
Give it a try to switch things up!