So, I did something last month. Some know about, some don't. But I signed up for a Triathlon working again with my favorite team, Team in Training!! Training starts this week, so I already know things will be hectic with figuring out my schedule. This is when my meal planning helps in such a big way.
I have my first training today and, of course, I woke up way before my alarm when off. And instead of pacing nervously and checking my bag 5x to make sure I have my shit together, I decided to work on my menu for the week.
I am loving The Kitchn's new series on weekly meal planning and I took the Slow Cooker Onion soup from there for dinner tonight. We had some pork belly in the freezer, so that will get roasted too.
I'm trying to use my slow cooker more and more, so I am going to use it again for some Short RIbs Monday night. I think these too meals will make life this week a tad easier for the next couple of months.
Also, I convince my husband to try and Kale Caesar Salad. That's a big deal. I don't have a recipe yet, so if you have one, leave it in the comment section for me to try!
Here's what I plan to prep later today:
- Make a batch of hard cooked eggs
- Make a batch of granola for breakfasts
- Make a batch of farro for salads and a side for Monday
- Clean and wash kale
- Make a marinade for the short ribs so I can easily toss it together Monday morning
- I have a left over roasted chicken from Costco - so I'll make chicken salad with that
- Make the dry mix for waffles for Galentine's Day
What's everyone else cooking up this week? If you have a slow cooker solid recipe, let me in on it!