I totally binged on watching Transparent yesterday so I threw this menu together in between episodes and this morning over breakfast. Has any one else watched it? It is utterly fantastic. It was free yesterday on Amazon Prime and that is how I spent my Saturday night. I had 2 episodes left before it cut me off/fell asleep because it was nearly 1am, so I am going to have to find someone else who has Prime to sit and watch it with them. So damn good.
Any way, here is my menu for the week! Last week I tried a honey mustard chicken recipe that turned out great and will be added into the rotation. I want to make a few tweaks to it before I share it with you, but I hope it gets to the blog soon. This week, I'm trying a new risotto recipe. I love risotto because you can add so many different things to it to make it a complete meal. I'm adding a some simple shrimp to tonight's version.
Here's what I'll be prepping today:
- Making this Life Changing Bread for weekday breakfasts. I wouldn't call it life changing, but it is pretty damn delicious
- Hard cooking eggs for breakfast and easy snacks
- Roasting a batch of cauliflower and carrots
- Making a batch of quinoa
- Washing and prepping Brussels sprouts - I don't pre roast these because I think they are better roasted fresh
- Grilling chicken for chicken tacos on Monday
- Marinating some chops for Tuesday
- And possibly baking something - it is cold and foggy today so I think keeping my oven on will warm me up a bit!
Not too bad this week - what's on your menu? What are you prepping for the week?