I struggled a bit to put together our menu this week. I am always afraid of getting into a rut of some sort. So yesterday I scoured my Pinterest account looking for some new ideas, which is where the honey mustard baked chicken came from. There is always risk in picking a new recipe...but I am hopeful for this one. And bonus if it comes out well and I can add it into the rotation.
Looking at my menu now I can plan my grocery list and prepping ideas for Sunday.
Here's my prep check list for this week:
- Chop red pepper for lettuce cups (recipe from Bountiful) for Tuesday
- Chop onions for lettuce cups (Tuesday) and for Friday's sausage dish
- Roast a batch of chopped sweet potatoes for Wednesday and for left overs for salads
- Cube squash (either butternut or delicata) for Friday
- Roast cauliflower for Wednesday (I usually roast veggies just before you'd call them done and then on the day of, stick them in the oven to warm them up - they will cook a bit more when you are warming them, so just under cooking them a bit works perfectly)
- Make a batch of quiona for salads and probably a side for Monday
- Make a batch of easy granola for breakfasts
- Hard cook eggs
- Shred sweet potato for hash
- Roast a few whole sweet potatoes for additional snacks ( I'm seeing a pattern for sweet potatoes here)
- I found a granola bar recipe I want to try out, so if I have time/energy, I'm going to make those for snacks this week too.
Cheers to another week!