My favorite way of eating, besides by the handful, is with fresh, homemade almond milk (recipe next week) with a drizzle of maple syrup or honey.
Hmm...fall, I love you.
Serving size is about 1/2 cup
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (sub pecans or almonds)
- 3 tablespoons of sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup peptic seeds, divided (1/4 cup each)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup pureed pumpkin
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 4 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/3 cup golden raisins or another dried fruit like apricots
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Combine the oats, walnuts, sesame seeds, peptic seeds, pumpkin pie spice and salt in a medium size bowl and set aside. In a small bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, coconut oil, and maple syrup until well combined. Add the pumpkin mixture to the oats and stir until everything is well coated. Spread evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 35 minutes, turning the oats at about the 15 minute mark to make sure everything cooks evenly. At 35 minutes, add the coconut flakes until they are browned at the edges, about 3-5 minutes. They can brown fast, so stay close to the oven and watch them. Once they are browned, take everything out of the oven and cool for about 10 minutes. toss the other 1/4 cup of pepita seeds and raisins and enjoy!